If you know me at all, you know I have a sweet tooth. It’s true, no matter how much I run, do yoga, love fruits and veggies, etc., I will never be able to fully give up sugar. It’s a trait inherited from my Grandma Dot (who used to beg for multiple mugs of hot chocolate every day, claiming that one “just wasn’t enough”). She was the absolute sweetest lady.
Here’s one way I satisfy my sweets craving without eating an entire dozen cookies! I call it the Selfish Cookie!
Selfish Cookie Recipe
Serves one. Hence the name.
1 Tbsp Melted Butter
1 Tbsp White Sugar
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
Pinch of Salt
Few drops of Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (or your desired amount)
1. Melt butter in a microwave safe dish.
2. Mix melted butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla in a small bowl. **You can do all of this in a cereal/salad bowl with your average dinner spoon–no need for cooking utensils!
3. Separate egg yolk from whites. Mix yolk into butter-sugar mixture. Dispose of whites, or use them to make meringue!
4. Once egg yolk is added, gently stir in flour, stirring until a dough forms.
5. Fold chocolate chips into the dough. Place mixture in a ramekin or microwave-safe mug.
6. Microwave for 45-60 seconds. It will be done when there are only a few wet spots on the top.
7. Let cool, and then enjoy your melty, gooey Selfish Cookie!**
**Also good for roommates suffering from a breakup or a really tough study session.
Confession: Tastes so good, I’m even eating one right now! ☺️